Effective Date: January 28, 2020
What personal information we collect about you
We (or our suppliers on our behalf) may collect and use the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information. If you register on the website, sign up for product updates, or transmit information to us by submitting an inquiry, we may collect information such as your name, phone number, shipping address, email address, user name, and password.
- Purchase and Preference Information. We collect your order history, such as what products you have purchased or browsed through our website, what products you add to a shopping cart, whether you have returned any products, and whether you have registered or purchased any warranties. We may collect information about the car you drive or your product and accessory preferences.
- Payment Information. We collect billing information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and billing address if you make a purchase.
- Browser / Usage / Device Information. When you visit the website, your browser automatically transmits information to our server. We or our service providers use tracking tools like cookies, pixels, and beacons to automatically collect information about how you interact with our websites, online content, advertisements, and emails. This might include device identifiers, IP address, date and time of your visits, browser type, the operating system you are using, your browsing and search history on our sites (such as what areas of our sites you visit and for how long, what products or content you view and click on, and any searches you conduct on the site), what site you came from to get to us and what site you go to when you leave us, and your interactions with our digital ads and content on other sites.
- Location Information. We or our service providers and data providers may automatically collect information about your precise geolocation. We also collect information about your general location using your IP address and your zip code.
- Demographic Information. We may collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, and zip code.
We also collect and combine information that has been aggregated or de-identified such that it does not identify or relate to a particular person or household (“non-personal information”).
How we use the information we collect
We use personal information for our business and commercial purposes, including the following:
- To identify you for subsequent visits and to customize your experience
- To provide customer service, respond to your requests and inquiries, and otherwise manage our relationship with you
- To process and fulfill your orders and to provide you with products and services
- To monitor trends and for analytics purposes relating to our website and products
- To send you product recommendations, promotions, coupons, contests, sweepstakes, and other marketing communications
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising
- To improve our website and our product and service offerings
- For security and fraud prevention purposes, and to protect our website, our customers and our site visitors from illegal or malicious activity
- For any other lawful purpose or as we may otherwise notify you from time to time
We may also use non-personal information for any purpose, including the above uses.
We collect personal information about you from various sources, directly and indirectly
We may collect information from the following categories of sources:
- We collect personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information directly from you when you register an account, buy or return a product, sign up for our emails, enter a contest, or otherwise contact us.
- We automatically collect information from your devices. We use tracking tools like browser cookies to automatically collect information about you. We collect this information from your devices when you interact with our websites, our ads, our digital content, and our emails that we or our suppliers send to you. We may collect this information about you over time and across devices.
- We get personal information from suppliers we hire to work on our behalf. We may get personal information from our suppliers and service providers who we hire to help us run our business. These may be companies that maintain or operate our websites, send emails, process payments, fulfill orders, provide customer service, run our promotions, or provide marketing, analytics, and advertising services.
- We get personal information about you from other parties. Other parties may give us personal information about you. These other parties might include business and marketing partners such as automobile manufacturers, media partners, and list brokers. We may also use features that let your friends give us your information through a refer-a-friend program.
We combine information about you. We combine information collected offline with information collected online. We combine information that we have collected with information we get from other parties. We also combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices.
We share personal information with other parties
We may share information under the following circumstances:
- Suppliers and service providers. We sometimes engage suppliers to provide services on our behalf, and we may share personal information and non-personal information with them to enable them to provide those services. These suppliers may also directly collect such information on our behalf to provide services on our behalf. These may be companies who maintain or operate our websites, send emails, process payments, fulfill orders, provide customer service, investigate and prevent data incidents, audit our business and financial records, provide legal advice, place our advertisements on other platforms, track advertising impressions, run our promotions, or provide marketing, analytics, and advertising services.
- Business partners and advertising networks. We may share or make available personal information with or to business partners if we conduct joint promotions and contests, or if a business partner markets or sells our products for us. You can learn more about this when you enter your information or by looking in the description of the offer. We may also share your personal information with social media platforms (for instance, if you use social media plugins on our website). We may also share personal information with advertising networks and ad tech companies.
- Legal Compliance. We will share your information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect our legal interests. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud, or we may share your information if you are the winner of a contest or promotion and someone requests a winner’s list.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. We may share your information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold, we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- Other purposes we tell you about. We may share your personal information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time when collecting it.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
- You can opt out of receiving advertising emails. You can click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any advertising email we send to you. Even if you opt out of getting advertising messages, we may still send you transactional messages.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to delete or reject browser cookies. Each browser is different, so you should check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Opt-outs are browser and device specific, which means you should make these same selections on each browser and on each device you use.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time and across multiple websites or platforms. Interest-based advertising may include ads served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They may also include ads we think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here and here to use the Digital Advertising Alliance and Network Advertising Initiative opt-out tools.
- Our “Do Not Track” Policy. Some web browsers have Do Not Track features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our website may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Use of Google Analytics. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Click here to learn how Google collects and uses data when you visit our website, and to opt out of the use of Google Analytics.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY RIGHTS
You also have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of vendors to whom the personal information was disclosed; and (vi) the specific pieces of personal information that we has collected about you.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
Your California Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain from businesses a list of what personal information (if any) was disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We also want California residents to know the following about their personal information:
- We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described above.
- We disclose each of the foregoing categories of personal information to our service providers and with business and advertising partners, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks for our business purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- We do not “sell” your personal information.
Our websites are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not seek to, nor do we knowingly collect, information from children under the age of 16, and we request that such individuals do not provide personal information through our websites. While we do not sell any personal information, we would not knowingly sell the personal information of children under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
You can also write to us at:
Auria Aftermarket, LLC
26999 Central Park Blvd.
Southfield, MI 48078